jueves, septiembre 09, 2004

Suzie Marlango






"I used to know this girl named Suzie Marlango.
And her brother's band name was Joe Marlango.
Joe always wanted to kill me.
He sang in a band called the Rodbenders. Suzie Marlango used to wear
these angora sweaters.I'm crazy about angora sweaters... I guess It's kind
of a hang-up of mine. She had angora socks, and angora shoes.
I believe she was originally from Angora. I don't know where
she is anymore, but every time I see an angora
sweater, I think maybe inside will be Susie Marlango.
He-he-he... Maybe she's in New Orleans.
Well, I'll be there..."


TOM WAITS ('Cold Beer On A Hot Night / Romeo is Bleeding', Syney 1979)
Intro for 'I Wish I Was In New Orleans'


Cada vez que me pongo un sueter de angora pienso en Suzie Marlango, en ser ella, en desaparecer, igual que ella se marchó de la vida de Tom Waits, y dejar tan solo un recuerdo de angora, de suavidad, de algodón de azucar de feria.
Esta foto me recuerda a la historia que os cuento.
Como si solo quedasen medios recuerdos, sensaciones de suavidad, acordes perezosos resonando en la habitación, (imagino la escena enmarcada en un decorado de finales de los '70), whisky malo sobre la mesa, ganas de sentarme al piano...
zapatos de tacón y niebla por la ventana, es demasiado tarde y solo me queda media fotografía.

6 comentarios:

Little dijo...
Este comentario ha sido eliminado por un administrador del blog.
Little dijo...

Añadir simplemente que la banda sonora de fondo mientras escribia este post era:

"Once upon a time" de Marlango.

Curioso "érase una vez"... supongo que en parte es especialmente para Fénix, pero no me pregunteis porqué, simplemente porque él lo entenderá

Raúl González 'J0nH-Do3' dijo...

Tan sólo te queda media foto... Afortunadamente es la media foto con la que yo me siento afín.

No uses sueter de Angora...
no quieras ser Suzie Marlango...
no desaparezcas...

Los fantasmas del pasado pueden acompañarte durante tanto tiempo que termines acostumbrándote a ellos, o sencillamente, que te aterren lo suficiente como para invitarte a salir huyendo. Ahora las cosas son diferentes, si fueses Suzie, tendrías un Tom waits que no te dejaría escapar de su vida...

Besos cielo

Anónimo dijo...

Once upon a time I was with you
in a castle built with dreams we had each night...

Tantas, tantas cosas seguirán pasando,
que quizá las cosas no nos cambien tanto.

Anónimo dijo...

I fell in love, babe... Don't ask me how. Those blue eyes, that kind of look, that sadness in your smile..? I'll tell you what: I'm gonna send you blues Valentine from Philadelphia.

ArgentinianGum

Anónimo dijo...

"The piano has been drinking, my necktie is asleep
And the combo went back to new york, the jukebox has to take a leak
And the carpet needs a haircut, and the spotlight looks like a prison break
And the telephone’s out of cigarettes, and the balcony is on the make
And the piano has been drinking, the piano has been drinking...

And the menus are all freezing, and the light man’s blind in one eye
And he can’t see out of the other
And the piano-tuner’s got a hearing aid, and he showed up with his mother
And the piano has been drinking, the piano has been drinking
As the bouncer is a sumo wrestler cream-puff casper milktoast
And the owner is a mental midget with the i.q. of a fence post
’cause the piano has been drinking, the piano has been drinking...

And you can’t find your waitress with a geiger counter
And she hates you and your friends and you just can’t get served without her
And the box-office is drooling, and the bar stools are on fire
And the newspapers were fooling, and the ash-trays have retired
’cause the piano has been drinking, the piano has been drinking
The piano has been drinking, not me, not me, not me, not me, not me"

Cada uno puede encontrar su letra de Tom Waits... Sólo el hombre gris se podía quedar con esta. Gran canción, gran letra...